Are you ready to help protect our customer’s websites or find any performance loopholes? As a WPX Security and Optimization representative you’ll be able to do that and learn much more!
Who are we? We’re WPX Hosting, a fast-growing Managed Hosting provider. We’ve been around for 5 years and we’re looking for new young and positive team members! (hopefully, you like dogs as well)
If you’re intrigued by diving deep into logs, investigating possible performance issues and vulnerabilities – you’ve come to the right place!
Basically the SecOps team handles a lot of performance related cases with some simple and advanced vulnerability patching.
The optimizations we’re referring to are related to reducing resource usage of certain website/application either by making it more responsive regarding CPU or MySQL usage. We also provide simple design related optimisations connected to Google Page Speed/Lighthouse, GtMetrix and other popular tools.
One of the key things that we do is to monitor the performance of client sites and whole hosting services that might need additional optimizations in case they are resource intensive.
Lastly, we need a candidate with a good sense of humor, which just helps everywhere, right?
- Optimizing or providing solutions regarding WordPress application performance
- Cleaning up and patching infected WordPress applications
- Researching and patching new WordPress vulnerabilities
- Monitoring performance usage of services
- Maintaining technical documentation for new infections/exploits
- Great knowledge of WordPress
- Able to identify core/plugin/theme issues
- Can read error/access logs and analyze them
- Understand how caching works(Disk cache, Opcache, Varnish and similar)
- Understand Speed Testing tools and techniques to optimize sites
- Fluency in English
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with debugging WordPress performance related issues
- Experience with WordPress vulnerabilities and patches
- Experience with writing mod_security rules
- Experience with writing advanced Yara rules
- Knowledge and understanding of Apache rewrite rules
Apart from your monthly salary, you will also benefit from:
- Regular salary reviews based on your results and experience twice a year;
- Multisport card and free Spotify Premium;
- Learning courses for your personal and professional growth covered by us;
- Annual team building and regular outings and events;
- Yearly bonus scheme;
- Work from home whenever required;
- Refer-a-Friend bonus, if you know a good developer;
- Regular homemade snacks, fruit & Friday drinks;